Sunday, March 1, 2009

Van Eman Family Story




I am the blessed mother of Jocelyn Jin Luo. My story began on May 4, 2004. This is the day that I looked on the internet about adoption. This is something that I had been thinking about for some time. I wanted to be a mother and my chances of having a biological child were slim to none due to polycystic ovarian disease and endometriosis. I filled out my application for the adoption agency and sent it off. Being a single woman once I was accepted I had to be put on a waiting list as they only allowed a certain number of singles to adopt per year. I was told that it would probably be October before I could begin the paperwork pregnancy. I got a call from the adoption agency on August 12, 2004 that I could officially start the process. I never guessed all of the paperwork that was to come. I was able to complete the paperwork and had my dossier logged in China on 12/20/05.
Many things developed during my 2 + year wait. I lost my father to pancreatic cancer in June of 2007, my primary care doctors changed as my former physician couldn't seem to fill out the paperwork correctly. My desire to become a mom became even stronger than before.I received the call on Feb 4th of 2008. I couldn't contain my happiness. I had to wait until the next day to see pictures of her. I cried tears of happiness. My fondest wish was coming true I was a mother. I finally had a face to put to her name. During the wait for travel some misinformation was given to the adoption agency that delayed my approval being sent to China. My travel approval was delayed also. Needless to say once the confusion was cleared up my travel approval arrived. I found out on March 6, 2008 that I would be able to travel with my group and leaving on March 13th. Talk about frantic.My gotcha day is March 17th of 2008 (St Patricks day) I have been blessed and honored and priveledged to be Jocelyn's mama. Getting to see the culture and scenery of where Jocelyn spent the first 11 months of her life was very special and a trip I will never forget and I will be telling Jocelyn the story every chance I get.For updates on Jocelyn and I please visit my blog at http://mamas-china-doll.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment